Oy. Unless your name is Aaron and you are the co-writer of this blog, yesterday was the ugliest day yet in the contest, as the five participants combined for just 57 points – 26 of those coming from Aaron, who nailed two games perfectly.
They say the best thing after a bad performance is to come right back out and try it again, and the Champions League gives us that opportunity on Wednesday with eight more matches from Groups A-D.
The games are below, and picks are due in by 2:45 p.m. Eastern on Wednesday. Remember, it’s 10 points for the victor with the exact score, or calling the exact score on a draw; 5 points for having the winner and the right winning margin, or calling a draw but with a different score. Picking the simple winner but whiffing completely on the score/margin gets you 2 points.
* Bordeaux v. Bayern Munich (BOR 2-1)
* Juventus v. Haifa (JUV 1-0)
* CSKA Moscow v. Manchester United (MUFC 1-0)
* Wolfsburg v. Besiktas (WOLF 3-0)
* FC Zurich v. Marseille (I believe! ZUR 2-1)
* AC Milan v. Real Madrid (RM 4-1)
* Chelsea v. Atletico Madrid (CHEL 1-0)
* Porto v. Apoel Nicosia (POR 1-0)
Here are the standings currently. It’s never too late to jump in, and had you done so yesterday, you might have outscored everybody!
1) 93 – Aaron
2) 88 – dkstones
3) 86 – writered21
4) 60 – tomwilhelm
5) 58 – RegularGuy
6) 5 – nica1004